Monday 29 November 2010

Step By Step Edit For Poster.

This is a step by step of how I want my images to come out, with the shadows blending with the background and the cartoon/posterize affect on the image. The first thing I did was open my image into Adobe Photoshop.

 
Under image, then adjustments, I clicked Contrast/Brightness. This allowed me to set the contrast higher, making the shadows and the edges of the image stand out. Whilst doing this I played with the brightness till it was at a brightness I thought was best to carry on editing my image with. The image then had bold shadows that were very defining.


After this, I used filter, then artistic, to find the setting cut out, I know from pervious editing that it makes the image look more comic. Once on this setting I changed the settings within this effect, which was the number of levels or edge simplicity, ECT.


After this I simply used the paint brush to colour all the background into black. All the white areas, and details in the background were then one simple colour, and it was like the person was creeping from a shadow, which is the affect I was aiming for.


Following this, I cropped the image to a suitable size. However I did fink that the colouring was not perfect, because the changes in contrast and brightness I had made, the colour was a bit off.


Therefore I went onto image, adjustments, and saturation and hue. He I was able to change the colour, EG make it more black and white, or make it green or purple. I changed the settings by reducing the hue and the saturation, till I found a colour that was most similar to the starting image.


And this was the final outcome. I will be using this effect for my poster. Going through these steps I know I need a clear background, either really pale white or a really dark one, I also know that I need a high quality image, which means using a good camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment