Sunday 10 October 2010

Audio.

I wanted to use background music to fill in the gaps of silence, so I decided to use a Dubstep instrumental. I asked a friend who makes music to make me a couple of Dubstep instrumentals, and then I would pick the best for my short film. Dubstep is a genre of electro dance music; it has heavy baselines and, which can contain sudden changes in the beat but not a big change as it is mainly a repetitive clip of music. Dubstep has become popular with the younger generation in the UK over the last year, this is one of the main reasons I decided to use this type of music. Another reason I used it is because it has these heavy baselines which can be very strong and overpowering on an audience, this may help my short film to be similar. Dubstep is easily manipulated and I can use it for certain parts when relevant. However when the victim is stabbed I want to cut the music altogether. This will allow the audience to focus on what is happening; the images will be dramatic, big and tell all so the music doesn’t have to.
Other audio sounds I am going to use will be the voice over in certain parts where speech from the characters is not needed. For example at the beginning the girl will start by saying “it’s a normal day”, it will then flash back to her day starting, however she won’t be talking but a voice over from her as she tells her story can be heard. This will happen for the other characters as well, with their flashback and story. During the short film the characters will talk, but not that much. Most of the sound will be non-diegetic. They may be some diegetic sound such as police sirens, shouting, crying, prison doors slamming ECT. But not much will actually be within the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment