Monday 4 October 2010

Setting, Costume & Target Audience

It will be set in the south of London, in an area that does actually suffer from a lot of youth crime similar to what my film is trying to show. Easily recognised settings will be used such as little shops and a block of flats. Filming will take place inside homes but mainly outside. I have chosen these settings because I believe that children in similar areas will be able to relate to what is happening, it will also only really appeal to those around these areas. I will also use an interview room as a prison interview room, as it will be very hard for me to get into a prison to actually record for my film.




The characters will be wearing everyday clothing. The main character Richie may wear the more stereotypical clothing such as a hooded jumper, baggy jeans or jogging bottoms trainers. Nathan however will dress similar, a jumper (hoodless) jeans and trainers. This makes him look a little smarter than thuggish friend Nathan, but still shows that they are from the same area, in the same social class, similar taste, ECT. Nicole will wear very casual but fashionable clothes, such as leggings or jeans with a top. These costumes show that the teenagers are current and that it is set in the present. Costume colours and style can also show a personality, an example would be Nicole’s casual costume. She is wearing whatever is popular with others at the time, this shows that she doesn’t really like to stand out and she doesn’t mind following what others are doing in different aspects of life, not just clothes.





Most of the costume and props belonged to the actors themselves, as it was just everyday urban wear, however I did need to buy and borrow some costume. Such as the overalls which I borrowed from one of the college’s departments, and handcuffs that I got online/from a nearby pound shop. I also used my own x-box pad to create the illusion that the character was playing a game in one scene.
My target audience is both males and females from 14-18, it will mostly appeal to London youths, as the film is about them and the situation they my get into. However although not a main audience, I would also like it to appeal to parents with teenage children, as they may be unaware of things that happen today concerning youths. As I said this isn’t my main audience but it would be satisfying to know that it is raising a lot of awareness to those that live in the areas with youth crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment